Monday, January 29, 2007

Far Right, Far Left, Difference of Opinion

Today I watched Hardball on MSNBC, then switched up and tuned into a little Fox "News" to see their view. On MSNBC the main topic was Hillary Clinton and whether or not she is catering to the female vote to get elected to the White House. We here at The Space have done intensive research on this and we can only say "DuH!"

Now onto the secondary but, to us, more interesting story line. MSNBC reported on the massive peace march on Washington DC this past Saturday, as did Fox. MSNBC concentrated mostly on the fact that more than 500,000 people went to our national capitol to express themselves, as it is the right of all Americans. They did ten seconds or so of coverage of the heated exchanges between the marchers and a few select bystanders. In this report it was stated (probably with a great deal of accuracy) that people from both sides were at fault.

On Fox they did an entire half hour (1/2 hour of network news time = 3 days of real world time) of the alleged "atrocities" the overly aggressive protesters perpetrated on the innocent bystanders who were peacefully assembling nearby. The commenter they paid the most attention to was a young Iraq vet who was supposed to have been spit on, by a fellow Army Ranger no less. Most of the people they tried to interview did yell out anti-Fox News sentiments and apparently someone vandalized their news van as well. Gee that's quite a surprise.

5 comments:

Jacq said...

Man, wish I were there....

CatsDigMe said...

Well, I don't know Jacq...was you plannin on being an innocent bystander, an overly aggressive protester, or were you hoping to run into Keith Olberman? Hee.

CatsDigMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacq said...

You spelled Keith's last name wrong by the way...

Hmmmm....I'm not sure which I'd be. I think I'd just want to be there, and then I'd decide.

carrier said...

Slap an aggressive sticker on me. More agression, more media coverage.

Not that I have ever actually protested anything. But if I do I'm going to spit on all the Pravda...I mean FOX...liesspondents I can find.