Friday, May 25, 2007

Sports

It is my contention that there are just too many activities out there that people like to call sports. American football is the only true sport isn't it? Let's see.

Golf. Golf is not a sport. Its men in ugly pants, walking. (I stole that from Rosie O'Donnell)

Baseball. Men having a picnic together in their pajamas while they all yearn to be safe at home.

Basketball. A meeting of thugs and reprobates.

Ice Hockey. White men bashing each other in the face with big sticks.

Lacrosse. Sounds French, 'nuff said.

Wrestling. Off Broadway theatre, dahling.

Boxing. Hockey without the sticks.

Soccer. Version Alpha - Drunken Europeans killing each other in the stands over a pointless game (often literally pointless, yay)
Version Beta - American women with funny looking hair-do's letting their urchins run around in a field for several hours to end up with a score of "fun-fun"

4 comments:

Jacq said...

Oh man, you about hit the nail on the head, I'd say.

But I still hate football.

CatsDigMe said...

But you lust after us football players still, don't ya?

CatsDigMe said...

uh, and I don't mean those idiots in the stands with their bodies all painted up, going shirtless in Pittsburgh in December!

Jacq said...

I used to lust after football players. And basketball players. I married and divorced a soccer player.

Don't even ask me about these Steeler fans around here. They're from another planet.