Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Final Favor

It had been more than 10 days since she unceremoniously up and left me and my house. I wondered when I might hear from her. I knew she would ask for something outrageous. Maybe to borrow a thousand bucks so she could start dealing heroin? Maybe to be her first john in her new profession? I had no idea, really.

'I have something huge to ask of you'

Yep, here it comes, hold on buddy!

"What is it, my dear?'

'I'd like you to be in charge of my funeral arrangements. Please take that burden from my mom. She won't be able to deal with it. I know I can trust you to follow through with the job and you'll see to it my final wishes are fulfilled even though you'll be a fucking basket case when you lose me.'

'What music do you want?'

1 comment:

Jacq said...

It won't be easy, but I know you of all people could handle that job. You'd be the perfect person to depend on.