Friday, July 11, 2008

Page 1, Paragraph 1 - very rough draft

I had no particular reason for making a right hand turn as I pulled off of old Highway 101. I just did. Could have just as easily turned left to head into Astoria. I just didn't. The simple task of depositing a check into the bank account was all there was to do that Monday. Seaside, in november, is as dead as small town America can get. The one hot, young, hitch-hiker bustling down the road was easy to spot even though bundled up against the wind...

Hi, thanks for stopping. do you think you can get me to the food stamp office by
5:00?

Lets see, its 25 miles away and we've got eleven minutes....lets try!

My name is Beca. so what's your story? You single, married, got a girlfriend?.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those kinda questions right off the bat are a bit terrifying.

CatsDigMe said...

Yes, and both the terror and the delights have come to pass.