Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tumultuous.
Who asked for all this turmoil in here? It wasn't me, was it.
It was me, old friend
I thought I saw you come in, who are you again?
Just someone you once knew
Once, from long ago? Who are your friends?
I have always been with you, these others are new
Could you quiet them please, its so hard to think in here with all this noise
They aren't saying anything, little one
Please, I can't think any more. Tell them to let me be.
Only you can do that, they listen to you alone
Aren't you supposed to shield me? Make them go away!!
Try young one...speak and listen to what they say
NO, there are too many
Try
I am you, you are me, we are one but not the same. Perpetrate your violence on my soul, you cannot change my world.
They have not changed. You lost your world and you must now find your way.
But I can't move...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, but sometimes our sanctuary is our stillness.

right?

heavy shit. here's some from ole Lewie Welch--who also had trouble disconnecting:


(I saw myself)

I saw myself
a ring of bone
in the clear stream
of all of it

and vowed,
always to be open to it
that all of it
might flow through

and then heard
"ring of bone" where
ring is what a

bell does

CatsDigMe said...

Must find the silence