Saturday, February 3, 2007

Artistic Vision? Yeah, okay.

I've had a few people comment to me privately that they don't like the "artistic vision" of the videos on this here lil blog. They think that the use of multiple still pictures is leftover from 70's video production and that the images are too directly linked to the lyrics. Hm, I actually kind of agree. Unfortunately the sources available to us are somewhat limited in that regard. Also I have to admit that I absolutely hate the supposed "artistic vision" of most modern day video producers/directors. Every time I see an MTV style video it reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas special. All the Schultz charaters dancing around on a stage to jazz music had nothing to do with Christmas. Seems the same way when you see a music video in this era. Perhaps we need to break down and buy a good video camera and some editing equipment and make our own damn vids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds familiar, doesn't it?

CatsDigMe said...

It certainly does. So are you feeling particularly artistic these days? I'm beginning to.