Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Valentine's Day - How Romantic!

Well that's what Hallmark, FTD, and Van Duyn's would like us to believe eh? Nope, sorry Darlings, I won't be giving you a gift or sending along sweet somethings to y'all on the fourteenth. I do not believe in being confined to giving certain gifts only to certain people and only on certain days. Ain't gonna do it. Now before you girls go accusing me of being such a "MAN" (you know the tone of voice required here), let me explain what I will do.

I will gladly take you out to dinner because you are hungry, anytime. I'll send you a hand picked gift box from our favorite little hippy shop filled with incense, candles, tiny Buddha's, and a personalised card. I'll send you a loving, sexy email overnight while you sleep, so that you'll see it first thing when you awake. I'll order items from your favorite online stores and have them delivered by surprise to your front door. I'll write a passionate love song or a romantic poem, just for you. I'll kiss (or bite) all the sensitive spots on your body. I'll let you rant and scream when you are upset. I'll go clothes shopping with you, just to enjoy your company. I'll sneak money into your bank account when your funds are feeling low. I'll be friends with your cats and/or kids. I'll steal roses from your neighbor's yard and have them waiting for you when you get home. Sometimes, only sometimes, that one thing you have really been wanting or needing but couldnt afford, may just appear out of thin air. I'll be there for you, always.

Yep. You won't be getting a Valentine's Day card from me this year. But you may get a beautiful, well thought out gift because it is Tuesday.

3 comments:

CatsDigMe said...

Hmm... I have already been told by one beautiful, young, lady that I had damn well better take her out to dinner and buy her a gift on Valentine's Day, IF she decides thats what she wants. I believe it was blackmail involving certain of my favorite female body parts. Oh well, what are ya gonna do?

Jacq said...

Dang! You blew it! You almost had me right until the very last paragraph! What a true romantic you are. And you don't even know it...

Okay, maybe you do.

CatsDigMe said...

Oh, I do okay I guess. *wink*